Monday 30 November 2015

Review- Korean Skincare (Bits and Bobs of Beauty)

Hey everyone, 
Wow, two posts in one day! Arnt you guys lucky. This evening I thought I'd give you all a review of some of the items in a Korean skincare box I recently received to review from Bits and Bobs of Beauty. They are a new company to the uk who are supplying us all with the awesome inventions from Korea without the import duty! Currently they have free shipping for anyone living in mainland uk and do ship out to Europe for a charge. After trying out these few products and looking at their site, I know I'm going to be a returning customer! 
Before I start I would just like to say how beautiful the package arrived to me was! Super cute pink shipping box with pink tissue paper and a beautiful note addressed to myself. I love that added touch and their logo is just the sweetest! 
Tony Moly Glow Ring Hair Mask- £3.50
I knew as soon as I openned the package I wanted to try this hair mask out and I did straight away. Inside the package you receive the product itself (smaller side) and a shower cap (larger side) which has a serum on the inside. You put on the mask after washing your hair and then after pop on the shower cap and rub in the serum. After 10 minutes you wash off. I must admit this concept was a little strange to me however I found it really fun! I loved the smell and how smooth the hair mask itself was. In the morning after letting my hair air dry, I found that my hair was shiny and smooth. This only lasted for 2 days at the longest on my oily hair though. I would consider purchasing this for myself as a pick me up. 
Pig Collagen Hydrogel Mask- £4.50
You all should know by now how much I love a good mask and I must admit this one took me by surprise. I was very intrigued by the idea of it having collagen from pigs skin in it and that in itself is very unusual here in the uk! The other thing I found very unusual is that it came in two halves! One to go around the top part of your face and one to cover your mouth area. I didn't find that this product had a weird smell (or any at all for that matter) and I didn't find any immediate or long lasting results. When wearing it I found that the bottom half slipped off my face quite a lot (so better wearing when laying down) and that the circles were two small for my large eyes. However despite all that I did enjoy the concept and would purchase myself for a good pamper. 
Étude House Green Tea Face Mask- £2.20
Another face mask I recieved in this box and I was so glad it was a calming mask! My skin has been playing up recently with my acne scaring so needed a bit of T.L.C. I was blown away when opening this mask by the amount of serum on the fabric (yes fabric!) mask which had a beautiful smell. The smell itself was not too over powering however when worn and was actually very calming itself. I wore this mask for the recommended 15mins and found my skin was very cool and soothed by the end. As with the Pig mask I did find this masks holes too small for me but I would defiantly recommend this line of masks from Étude House. Especially for £2.20 each! 
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack- £1.99 each 
Unfortunatly I have a downer of a product right at the end for you all. I assume I recieved these nose packs because I said I have oily skin, however due to the fact my skin is so oily these nose strips did not stick to my skin. Unlike products we have in the uk, they did not have any liquid on them, just a sticky side which you placed on your skin. They are said to draw out the dirt from your pores once pulled off but after the 10mins recommended time, I noticed a few dots on the paper and not much else. After trying out the second mask this week, I noticed that the paper already had dots on in the first place. Very misleading. I would say if you were searching for a pore sucking nose strip, stick to the ones from the uk. They seem a bit cheaper that Korean ones too. 

So that was part one of my reviews for the Korean beauty from Bits and bobs of beauty and part two will come shortly once more has been tried out! 
Emma 

*I recieved these products for free for my honest review*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so interesting!

    I’m glad I found out your blog!
    You can find me at:
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/do-dolce-10043597
    & https://www.dodolce.com

    ReplyDelete