Sunday 22 November 2015

Beauty Crowd Mystery Box Review

Hey everyone,
Now this is a little bit of a different post for me. I've shopped on Beauty Crowd quite a few times and every time, I've had a beatiful package come through the post. When I noticed that they were doing blogger boxes on their pro page, I knew I had to snap it up and unbox it for you all. Three of the brands in the box I have tried before and one I haven't so it wasn't totally a discovery box however I was pleasantly surprised. 
(Please excuse the colour of the photos, it's pretty late when I'm writing this) 
Freedom Long Length Mascara
I've tried this mascara out once already and although it's a brush type of wand, I didn't actually find that it made my top lashes longer. However the bottom lashes looked amazing, so it's going to stay in my draw for that use. The mascara itself does smell floral though so if you don't like that in products, you won't like this mascara. 
Bell Hypoallergenic Liquid Eyeliner in Black
This is a brand that I've tried before and this product is very good at drawing liner. It has a brush tip applicator and the colour pay off is very black! However I did find I could only draw small sections of the line each time as there wasn't enough product on the applicator. 
Absolute Beauty Mark Beauty Stamp for Face and Body
I actually think this product was a waste of time in my box. If you are a makeup artist or have a little business, this would be a good product for you. It is literally what it says on the tin. A beauty stamp in the shape of flower, however the black isn't very pigmented. 
Freedom Eyeshadow Single in Nuevo 
I can't believe the pigementation of this shadow! I haven't actually tried this beauty out yet (as I have no idea what this colour will go with!) but just from a single swatch, it looks beautiful! 
L.A. Colors 3D Blush Contour in Sugar Plum
This is the brand I've never tried before and I must say I love how creamy this product is. However I don't like that the highlight is barely there. You can see the swatches in order above, yet the highlight doesn't appear on my really light skin tone. I also found when applying the blush that a tiny little amount goes a long way! It's very pigemented. I don't know whether it was this brands products that have made me have an allergic reaction recently but I will keep testing it out. 
L.A. Colors eyeshadow Quint in Serenade 
Another from L.A Colors, I really hope I'm not allergic to this brand as I really love this quint! The colours are beautiful and after trying them out, I'm happy to say they blend like a dream. I can't wait to wear these colours to work everyday! (As long as I can)
Bell Hypoallergenic Triple Eyeshadow
I'm not impressed with this Trio at all! It took me quite a few swipes to get this much pigmentation on these swatches. The silver shadow at the left is also majorly glittery and I can imagine that when put on the eye, you will get ALOT of fallout. Obviously I will be trying this product out soon and see if my thoughts were correct. 
Absolute Mood Lip Gloss (left) 
This gloss is really smooth and unfortunatly it doesn't change for me (I have a super pigmented lip colour) but I still like the light pink. I haven't got much to say for this gloss as it really is just a gloss. 
Bell Hypoallegenic shiny Lip Gloss (middle)
I love this gloss! It's such a beautiful colour and could be worn alone or on top of a pink lipstick (I tried it on top of Revlons Pink About Town). It's really smooth and not sticky at all. Seriously thinking about trying to get some more of these in the future. 
Freedom Pro Butter Lipgloss (right) 
Gosh, this is pigmented! I have built up the swatch in the picture, however on the lips I'm sure you could go around with just one swipe. The colour isn't amazing for me so I will be passing this on to a friend. 

As you can tell, I have some highs and lows with this box and seen as I didn't pay much money to test out these brands I'm pretty happy. I really hope I'm not allergic to L.A Colors as I love that palette. Only time will tell!
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment