Monday 9 November 2015

Liquid Lipsticks- why we just don't don't get on.

Hey everyone, 
So I decided that today's post will be a little bit different for me. For a while now I've been trying out different liquid lipsticks and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't get on with them. I've tried many brands (mostly drugstore as high end are too expensive for me) and now I thought I'd give you my honest opinions on all of them. A few you would have seen before as I've reviewed them already so I'll keep those quick. 
(I apologise for picture quality, it's a really dark day here and the back light is on!) 
I will go from left to right describing the quality and why we do or don't try on. 
Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Nude 
I have tried two liquid lipsticks from Too Faced ( I used to own Melted Fuschia) and I must say I do get on with this formula. I've found that it isn't too drying and the pigmentation stays on the lip for a long time. However with darker colours I have found I need to wear a lip balm underneath or else I do get staining on my lips. 
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer in What I Believe 
This brand is quite strange. I've found that the liquid lipsticks have great colour and pigmentation but do not last long on the lips. This is one of the drugstore makeup brands that I do follow quite religiously and their lip products are quite good, however their shade range is way to bright and colourful for the average day to day (as you will see with the next colour). I've found that this product is quite liquidy to apply but does dry to a solid matte. It can also be very drying so a lip balm is needed. 
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer in Keep Crying For you
I don't even know why I bought this. Considering I don't wear liquid lipsticks on a daily basis and this colour is not one you can wear when going to work, I found that you really have to apply this with a steady hand. Go outside the natural line of your lip and you will know. Believe it or not this colour is actually the next shade up from What I Believe and the shade difference is huge! This colour does make me look dead and creates a grey shade to my skin, so this one is deffinalty not a favourite.
Freedom Pro Melts Lipgloss in Up
As you all have seen this in a review previously, I won't go too much into detail however I will say this. These "lipglosses" are so much more like liquid lipsticks when applied. They last ten times longer than lipglosses and the pigmentation is amazing! Drugstore win. 
Freedom Pro Melts Lipgloss in D-ream
Another choice from the drugstore which I say is a liquid lipstick. I do actually wear this one for work and the colour is more acceptable. I don't find these lipglosses drying and the colour stays. A win for me. 
Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft-spoken
I have only tried this liquid lipstick for half of a day, but I do know that it isn't too drying on the lips and the colour payoff is amazing! Exactly the colour you see on the package. Nyx' shade range is amazing and I'm so glad you can now purchase this in the uk on Boots.co.uk. I did find with this liquid lipstick (probably due to the shade) that I had to do two coats as it was a little patchy and that it was a little high maintenance. 
Essence Liquid Lipstick in 02 Beauty Secret
I will be totally honest here, although this is a drugstore brand (only £2.50 for this one in wilkinson) I had high hopes but it's really a lipgloss. This product does not dry down and stays completely shiny. As soon as I took a drink, it was gone. I did not like this product and will probably be passing it on. 

Overall, the idea of a liquid lipstick is great. They're meant to be long lasting, great pigmentation and not drying. However due to the fact I've only really tried drugstore versions, I haven't really seen any of these products doing just that. I would like to try Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks and Anastasia ones too but these are just way out of my price range. For me I think that if I stick to a traditional bullet lipstick I will be okay. 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment