Saturday 14 November 2015

#14by14Feb- update 1

Hey everyone! 
I can't believe it's already been a month and time for my first update of #14by14Feb. This seasonal project pan was started by Kristen K and GlamourwithGrace on YouTube as a way to use more products up in a certain amount of time. Now although I have not finished any items off yet, I do believe I have made some good progress. 
Clinique Eye Makeup Remover
I don't know if you can see my beginning line in this photo but I made a huge amount of progress this month! Of corse this is an item I've used everyday to take my eye makeup off and I do like the product, however after this project I won't be buying this again. Hopefully within the next month this product will be finished with everyday use. 
Simple Facial Toner
I haven't actually made a massive amount of progress on this product considering I also use this everyday. I have found that I only need this on one cotton pad to last my whole face and somedays I didn't even use it. I'm not sure if this will be done soon or not. 
Garnier Miricle Cream Moisturiser 
I have made a good amount of progress on this product also! I've found my skincare products do go quite quickly especially as I love skincare! However this product I don't like that much. It's a very emollient product and takes a while to set in. I tend to only use this at night and although you would think a thick product would be good, I have found that my skin sticks to my pillow! I've found myself using this less and less. 
InstaNatural Retinol Serum 
The last skincare product I promise! But yet another I have used a very good amount of. I only use one dropper full of product once a day and yet this much has gone. I did receive this product for review and I must admit if it wasn't so pricey (due to the fact it's all natural), I would purchase this when it finishes. 
Benefit Dandelion Blush (hit pan) 
Technically I've already hit my target on this product (top middle of the pan, at the side) however I'm enjoying this product so much that for the next few weeks I'm going to carry on using it with mixing it with other blushes in between. Dandelion gives a lovely flush to the cheeks without being too over powering. If you haven't got it yet, you need it. 
Natural Collection Loose Powder
Being the last loose powder in my collection, I didn't think I would be too quick to finish this product, however look at the progress! I was so shocked when doing my marks for this project. I tend to use this powder to set my foundation with a large fluffy Real Techniques brush (probably why more product has been used). It's currently not my favourite loose powder, however with acception of the Nars translucent crystal powder, I really don't see myself trying many more. 
Soap & Glory Sex Mother Pucker Gloss Stick 
This product will defiantly be gone by the end of next week. I currently use this gloss whilst at work as it gives a lovely pink colour to the lips but it is very subtle. I would say from the markings in my project book that I only have 3mm of one side of the product left. 
Benefit Ooh La Lift Sample 
I recently had to take the stopper out of this tiny product as not much was coming out onto the wand already! I use this everyday whilst my primer is setting on my under eyes and blended. I wouldn't say I've seen a difference with this or even that it makes my eyes look any brighter so it is not a product I will be buying once used up. 
So Susan Highlighting Pencil
Sorry for the shocking photo here! I have no idea what happened. I really haven't made much progress here as I only use it blended under my eyebrow and inner corners of my eyes. I think I've sharpened it twice and have made 0.5cm of progress. I have no idea how much I will have left come the end of this project. 
Makeup Revolution Pro Setting Spray 
I pretty much know this product will be gone in the next month. With setting my makeup in the morning and during my breaks at work, I have made a great deal of progress. If I can make the same amount of progress again, it will be in my empties soon. This is already my 3rd bottle, so you can tell my thoughts on it! 
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Wow does this product go far! I've use this concealer everyday on my under eyes and sometimes on acne (if I have any) and I don't see much progress from the side of the bottle. I have no idea how to mark this product so if you have any ideas let me know! I've also found that the clear patches in the packaging actually change with every use, so it could be different next update. 
Faint in Naked Basics Palette (hit pan) 
I'm in love with this colour in my eyebrows! I use an angled eyeshadow brush and only dip in 3 times for both eyebrows and yet I have made this much of a dent. I don't know if it's just this palette (as I have tried any other urban decay eyeshadows) but these do kick up a lot of product so maybe that's why I have a big dent. Does that happen to anyone else's naked basics? 
Unknown Pink Eyeshadow (finish completely) 
My last product was actually a W7 copper eyeshadow but after using it a few times, I found that the glitter in it would fall into my eyes during the day and I'm not enduring itchy eyes for a project pan. I threw that shadow away and substituted this light pink shadow. I recently hit pan on it as I've been using it on top of my shadow stick (in another project) for a work look. This product also kicks up a lot of product but with how little this shadow cost, I do not mind. 

As you can see, by next update I will have a few items done and will have crossed off the Benefit Dandelion blush too. I'm enjoying this project so much because I'm not forcing myself to use items and am having much more natural use and progress. 
Emma 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well! Great work on dandelion and on the simple toner! Only certain shadows in my naked basics kick up a lot of product. I feel like not all the shades are the same consistency.
    ~Kristen Kay

    ReplyDelete