Thursday 13 August 2015

Cohorted Beauty Box- August

Hey everyone, 
Time for a review of a box I've never bought before! The Cohorted Beauty Box. It prices at £20.00 plus £2.50 postage and packaging and arrives via courier. You get a selection of 5 beauty products (be that makeup, skincare or haircare) which are unknown to everyone until people start getting their boxes. Unfortunaly I did see a few peoples boxes before mine arrived and at that point I was excited. However I do think this was because it was a new box for me. 
(I do apologise for the quality of the photos today, the weather is terrible outside and I tried to do my best with what I had)
Bare Minerals- BareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper- rrp: £15.00
Skincare! You all know how much I'm enjoying skincare at the moment and when I first openned this I couldn't understand what it was meant to do. After reading the card, it says to put this on before you moisturiser or wear on it's own. Upon application I found that the smell really put me off. However I will persevere and try to find a way to put this in my routine. 
Laura Geller- Baked Impressions Duo Eyeshadow- rrp: £15.00
Upon first glance, I was excited for this item especially as I need to build my single eyeshadow collection (yes I know this blog is all about downsizing!). But after swatching and looking at the colours, I don't understand why it has a retail value of £15! They are not pigmented colours and are literally a wash over the eyes. I have a feeling this will be downsized when I do a declutter. 
Bare Minerals- Soft Focus Face Brush- rrp: £20.00
I was so happy to see a brush in this box! Something I actually want right now, more brushes. This brush is soft to touch, perfect travel size and just the perfect thing for my collection. I've never tried the Bare Minerals line so hopefully this stands up to its retail value. 
Molton Brown- Relaxing Yuan Zhi Body Cream 30ml- rrp: £6.00
This was something I wasn't expecting in my box! A sample size of a body lotion? This smells okay but probably will only do my whole body once. I really don't have much to say except it will be used up.
Cargo- Eye Colour Quad- rrp: £10.00
This is a beautiful palette, better pigment than the Laura Geller duo and perfect colours for my taste. It will take a long time for me to use up these shadows however I do think they will make a good eye look. I did notice after looking a photos of people's boxes on Instagram that a few people did get a quad with a dark blue shade in it, I'm rather happy I didn't get that quad. 

Over all this boxes value comes to a whopping £66.00, which I do not feel it deserves. I am a girl of the drugstore and I would have rather spent my £20.00 for this box on a few items from there. I will not be purchasing this box again after reading a few reviews and speaking to others about Cohorted. I think I'll stick to my Glossybox! 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment