Monday 10 August 2015

Review: Absolute Sheet Face Masks

Hey everyone! 
So today I'm going to be bringing you a review which is something I've been thinking about starting on here for a while. What a better way to start with one of my favourite skincare items, face masks! I've currently tried out two of the Absolute masks and do like how they make my skin feel. As I'm writing this, I actually have one on. 
I bought each of these from Beauty Crowd (http://www.beautycrowd.com) and the ones I bought were as followed: collagen, honey, fresh aloe and vitamin c. Each mask is for all skin types and is marketed as a brightening essence mask. 

The masks are a sheet design which makes them quick, easy and not as messy as normal squeeze tube types. However I did find when opening the two I have tried that the product is very saturated and can make a mess. On the other hand, if the product is saturated you are going to get all that goodness on to your skin, so there are pros and cons. Here is a picture of the product on me (sorry if a little scary!). 
However much I do like sheet masks and however many I have tried (which is a fair few!), I did find that these masks were a little too big for my face. I also found that these masks tend to slip down the face due to the saturation of the product, so you do have to lay down when applied. Another thing which tends to lead me away from masks is if they have a bad smell. These I am glad to say do not. The product smells faintly of the desired one you pick and that smell stays faint after use. Due to saturation on the product it does last the desired 20 minutes (if not longer!). 

After use, the packet says to rub in any left over product once the sheet has been taken off. This acts like a serum which I find is a lovely step with sheet masks. I have found that the masks do not do anything to my skin except feel baby soft. I would not say my skin is brighter but I do have very dull skin anyways. 

Overall I would say give these masks a go if your looking for something fun to add into your skincare routine or even for a pamper night. 

Emma 
(Bought to review) 

No comments:

Post a Comment