Tuesday 13 October 2015

Glossybox- October!

Hey everyone, 
Wow this comes round fast doesn't it? I can't believe I've been getting Glossybox for 10 months now! Glossybox is a monthly subscription beauty box in which you get 5-6 products (most are full size, but some are sample size). Monthly subscription is £10 a month (plus p&p) and they do create boxes for all around the world, so check out if they can send one to you! 
This months box is an amazing one with all full size items! I was very shocked when I openned this months box. As always I will post my favourite item first going down towards my least favourite. 
Nicka K Airbrush Blending Sponge- full size- £6.50
As you can imagine I was pretty amazed by seeing a blending sponge in the mix! I've been wanting a new sponge to replace my Real Techniques blending sponge which is very old and well loved now and after trying this one this morning, I can tell you I am not a fan. I don't actually use sponges how they are meant to be used (damp as to not suck up all the product) however I found this sponge a lot more dense than the RT (real techniques) and it actually hurt my face. For now, it will do to apply my foundation but I will be repurchasing the RT.
Talika Photo-hydra Day- full size- £24.85
Oh Glossybox, how you cease to amaze me. As you all know I love a good skincare item and with this French brand I could not contain my excitement! This moisturiser is said to sooth and nourish all season long with hyaluronic acid to keep you feeling plump. There is no weird smell and the constancy is a little watery but I will give any skincare brand a try! 
So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil- full size- £15.00
If you read my Instagram, you will already know I've tried this product out this morning and I do like it. Not a love as it is a peach coloured highlight and I would have preferred a white, however it will be used quite a lot for my inner corner and probably panned in the near future. I must admit, one thing I like about Glossybox popping in So Susan products is that the company is cruelty free and is also hypoallergenic, great pluses for the makeup industry. 
Lanolips Lip Ointment with Colour SPF15 in Rhubarb- full size- £7.99
This again is another product I tried right away and I can tell you now, I don't like the taste. I don't know whether it is the SPF15 in it or the amount of moisturisation but I don't think this product will be used. I know there is a little bit of a cult following with this company, but not for me. Sorry Glossybox! 
Jelly Pong Pong Play Paint in Damson- full size- £8.95
I've never really had good luck with Jelly Pong Pong and when I had a product in one of my first Glossyboxes, it ended up going to my sister. I love the colour of this product and it has no smell to it, however there is no control to this item and a lot comes out on your hand straight away. For a cheek/lip product you really do have to be careful and in the mornings that is something I am not! Again another product that will stay in the draw...

I must admit overall I love the amount of full size items and variety of items Glossybox is giving it's subscribers at the moment! I can honestly say that I get more items I enjoy than items I don't. Next month they are giving subscribers the choice of Revlons best selling lip colours and I have already chosen mine. I think this is a perfect way for people to get exactly what they want and if know if I get the shade I picked out, I will defiantly use it. ALSO coming up soon Glossybox is releasing a collaborated box with Nars Cosmetics and as a makeup collector who doesn't own any Nars, you can bet I've jumped on that waiting list already. Any subscriber will be offered the box for £30 instead of the retail £35, an even better reason to subscribe to Glossybox! 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment