Thursday 22 October 2015

Cohorted- My little Treat Beauty Box

Hey everyone, 
I really didn't expect to be blogging today but guess what finally turned up? My Cohorted My little Treat box. If many of you have seen my recent twitter posts (@BeautifulBeads1), I was having trouble contacting Cohorted about the where abouts of this box for the last week. It's original dispatch day was supposed to be 15th October but it only arrived today due to asking where it was. I am not normally one to slash a company like this but the customer service was really poor considering the prices and items toy receive in the boxes from them. However the boxes themselves are amazing! 
On October 1st, Cohorted came out with 4 new beauty boxes which were one off purchases and this box caught my eye straight away. The my little treat box is £19.99 + postage and packaging (which now come via Royal Mail in the Uk) and considering one of these products is £24 normally, I was jumping on the confirm button straight away. As usual I will unbox this going from my favourite item to least favourite item. 
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus
I'm a sucker for a Mac product however I do not have the disposable income to keep buying their products so that's why you don't see many Mac products around my blog. An MSF (Mineralize Skin Finish) is £24 retail price and much more on ebay however they have been on my wish list for a while. So of corse I was going to purchase this box for this product alone! This product is a domed face powder (which matches me perfectly) infused with minerals that blends in seamlessly to the skin. Reviews of this product will follow in the future. 
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie 
My first Nars product! I've been eyeing up these lip pencils for a while (not necessarily the matte ones) especially the colour Rekugian and this pencil is pretty darn close! After first application (as soon as this came it was on!) I found it to glide on just like a normal bullet lipstick however after a few minutes, it dried down to a really matte formula. I love the colour, I love the idea, unfortunately I just found it so drying on the lips. The colour stayed on for a really long time, but as soon as I ate food and drank the colour was gone. Just something to think about for the future. 
Ciate Nail Varnish in serendipity 
As I said in my post yesterday, I have a love/hate relationship with Ciate and I was a little disappointed seeing them in this box. I can find Ciate at my local Tk Maxx for less than £3 so to me this is not an expensive brand. The colour is a beautiful red glitter on a clear base, a perfect topper for Christmas or the coming winter months. 
BareMinerals Soft Focus Face Brush
This product only came last because I have had it in a Cohorted box before. I do love the brush itself, very soft with a perfect length handle however I do not need two. I have found that this brush works perfectly with the Benefit sample blushes or even their box blushes. This brush will be passed on to another family member. 

As you can see I neither loved nor hated this box as it had its good and bad bits and with Mac and Nars featuring I can see why they say the boxes value is £81.50. However because I have bad such a poor experience with their company both times I have had their boxes, I will not be ordering from Cohorted again. Personal experience that is all. 
Emma 

2 comments:

  1. wow! Great box with that Mac MSF and the bare minerals brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box looks really good, especially with the MAC and Nars products. But customer service is equally as important so I can understand why you wouldn't purchase from them again!

    Ayesha xxx
    Http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete