Monday 12 October 2015

Review- InstaNaturals Retinol Serum & Moisturiser

Hey everyone, 
For the past week and a bit I have been trying out InstaNaturals Retinol serum and moisturiser. I had very high hopes for these products when they came through my door as I have reviewed a Rose water of theirs before and found it was lovely on my skin (I actually used that one up!). Considering I have a milia on my left eye, I found that Retinol could help it and that was the main reason why I was intrigued. 
Both of these products are available from Amazon.co.uk. The serum retails for £21.95 and the moisturiser is £19.95. The advice on the back says to only use these products once a day if you have sensitive skin and I can do if it is a new product. You apply the serum after toning/cleansing and then apply the moisturiser. The back also advises to still use a sun screen after the moisturiser as Retinol may make your skin more sensitive to sun. 
InstaNatural Age Defying 2.5% Retinol Serum- my thoughts
Personally, I love this product! Although I am only in my early 20's and this is geared more towards the older generation, I found that this product still helped my skin. Upon first glance, I was weary as it smells heavily of orange and is a bright orange colour. However I did get used to this. I began by only applying this at night (focusing on my milia and eye area), although I did end up using this morning and night only a few days ago. After 5 days of using this serum (and sometimes the moisturiser), my milia became a yellow lump (like a white head spot) and I took the leap and popped it. A day later and the milia was completely gone, only a little red dot left behind (this happens with all my spots, I scar quite easily). I also found with my skin itself that any imperfections, pimples or black heads were brought to the surface in those 5 days and with a little help from face masks, these have been reduced drastically too. I believe even if you aren't looking for a serum to tighten or reduce lines, this would be a perfect serum to have in your day to day routine. Especially if you are acne prone like myself. 
Advanced Action Retinol Moisuriser- my thoughts
I have a love, hate relationship with this product. I love the smell and love the texture, however I hate how tight this makes my skin. After a few days of trying it out at night time after the serum, I decided that I couldn't take the tightness and stopped using it. I believe I get the tightness due to the fact I am below the target audience and I do not need to tighten skin or many pores on my face yet. The smell of the product is a lot less pungent than the serum as it had jojoba oil and green tea in the Shea butter. It is a much more pleasing experience with those ingredients in there. I'm sure if I needed to tighten my skin this product would work amazingly but unfortunately it wasn't for me. My mother is going to test this product also to see if it tightens around her fine lines and crows feet. 

As I said earlier my skin has improved drastically since starting to use the products and although I didn't take before shots, I have after shots for you all. I don't bare my skin much on this blog (so count your blessings!) and I couldn't take a photo without a lip product on! In the second photo of my eye, you may still see the left over red dot from the milia. 

I do have a long way to go with my some what teenage skin, however I am loving the path I'm on and am going to continue to use the serum. 
Emma 

*** These were sent to me as PR ***

No comments:

Post a Comment