Wednesday 14 October 2015

Keep or Donate: Nail Polish

Hey everyone! 
As you may all know, I've recently been on a decluttering kick with the Marie Kondo book. I have also been watching a lot of makeup declutter videos on YouTube which lead me to find PetitPearStyle. She is a beauty guru on YouTube who has also read the KonMari method and has been going on a major decluttering kick! One of her recent series has been called Keep or Donate and she has featured nail polish and different coloured lipsticks. The concept of this series is for her to try on different items of her collections and she is she wants to keep them or donate them to charity or friends and family. I just knew this is the way I wanted to go through my nail polish collection and so PetitPearStyle you inspired me! 
I have been trying on different polishes over the last two weeks (I paint my nails every two days or so) and the ones I want to keep I have placed a little white sticker on the top. I have taken a photo of each polish and will tell you why I'm keeping/not keeping it. I will also say now, sorry if your not a foot person, this post (or series) will include toe photos. 
Essance Gel Polish is 25 Prince Charming
Straight off the bat I knew this was a keep. The colour doesn't make my skin tone grey, it makes my nails stronger in the long run and I actually managed to wear this quite a few days without chipping. I also love the reflects of glitter in this one! 
Ciate Mini in Starlet
In the bottle this is a beautiful colour, however this polish took 4 (yes four!) coats to build up to the same colour. I am not a patient person when it comes to polish, so this is why I'm going to donate this. I do love the colour and it also has a duo-chrome effect to it when it is the light, I just can't wake that long for nails to dry! 
Revlon Polish in Gold Coast
According to the bottle this is a new shade, but I do remember picking this one up at a PoundWorld, so probably isn't by now. I had to really build up this shade and I only managed to create a gold shimmer when the light hits it. In normal light, this polish is barely seen. I'm sure over other polishes this would be great but I am looking for an opaque polish at this moment in time, so I shall be donating this one. 
Ciate Mini in Snow fall
A perfect top coat which looks amazing with one coat or built up. I have only tried this on pale base polishes but I'm sure it would look just as good on dark colours as well. I have this polish in mind for the winter so this one is a keep!
Nails Inc in The Tide Is High
I was actually swaying between keep and donating this polish as it took a long while to build up the colour (also why I put a top coat on too). However I did decide I want to keep this one as I do use it a lot and my sister (who also likes pale muted colours) uses it too. I'm pretty sure if I use this one more than once it will grow on me. If not I will donate to my sister. 
Colour Couture in Silver
I got a set of Colour Couture polishes for Christmas from a work friend and haven't really put them to the test yet (so you may see a few of these!). I must tell you now, they are totally opaque in one coat! I'm very impressed but because I project pan, I put two on just in case. This silver is unlike any I have in my collection and I'm sure to wear it in the party season. I am a little upset to take this off my toes and change to another but surely that means I love it and want to keep it. 

So that's it for this post! Don't worry, any if am donating will either go to friends and family or to the local charity that all my clothes and books went to the other day. Stay tuned for the next post with 6 polishes in. 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment