Wednesday 21 October 2015

Keep or Donate: Nail polish, round 2

Hey everyone, 
Another week has passed so a few more nail polishes have been passing the test of keep or donate. If you didn't see my first Keep or Donate post, this project was inspired by PetitPearStyle on YouTube and the KonMari method of decluttering. The idea is to wear at least 6 polishes a week and decide during that week if I would like to keep them in my collection or donate them to family or charity. As always if you do not like feet, you may want to skip this post as my toe nails do feature. 
Models Own polish in Asscher Blue 
I do believe before this manicure I hadn't actually worn this polish! It is a beautiful pale blue (opaque with 2 coats) with tiny gold glitter which shine when you move. This polish didn't last well on my nails, probably only a few days without chips, however the beautiful gold glitter just made this a keep for the Christmas season! 
Rimmel London 413 Orangina 
Now I'm quite glad I painted this colour on my toes. As I live in England, it is getting rather chilly now and the socks are coming out, which means I could hide this polish. It became this horrible orange colour with two rather streaky coats and I could tell straight away it was a donate. I just don't like this colour on my skin tone. 
Ciate polish in the hamptons
I do have a love hate relationship with Ciate and so far (bar the grey polish in the last keep or donate) most colours have been a keep, including this one! This polish is a green and gold glitter with a clear base, perfect for a topper. I absolutely love the constancy of Ciate and have decided I want to try this polish on top of others in the future. 
O.P.I- Next stop..The Bikini Zone 
I don't know which year or collection this polish came out (sorry!) as I bought it from TK Maxx, however I do know this is a perfect polish for the fingers or toes. It's quite a pale polish and it takes a couple of layers to make it this colour but isn't it beautiful! I know this is going to be a lovely colour for work or in the summer so I am going to keep this one. 
Colour Couture Purple 
Straight away I can tell I don't like this polish at all. After two coats, it was still very streaky and my nails were still poking straight through. I'm not going to go anymore into it other than say donate (my sister already has it).
Barry M Socialite 
I love this polish so much! It's very opaque with one coat yet you can still see the polish under it too. It glitters very well and shines beautifully under light. With two coats, the polish stays well and doesn't chip. I've always loved Barry M so this one is defiantly a keep. 

Here's to another week of keep or donate. I'm going to keep doing these as I really feel I'm finding out which colours I enjoy wearing and what suits my skin colour. I hope your enjoying this series as much as I do! 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment