Sunday 17 January 2016

Glossybox- January 2016

Hey everyone, 
It's time for another Glossybpx unboxing and it's the first box of 2016! Now I was excited about how Glossybox was going to interpret the start of 2016 and I must say I'm a little disappointed as I'm sure you will see in this review. I've recieved Glossybox for a year now and I've had better. Glossybox is £10 a month plus p&p and I pay using the three monthly subscription. They also have subscriptions for other countries so it's worth checking if your country has a box. 
(Sorry about the lighting in these pictures, it's a little dull due to the snowy weather!)
As always I will start with my favourite item in the box and work my way down to my least favourite. 
Unani Dermo Defense Face Mask- Full size- £11.36
Of corse skincare is going to be first on my list as I'm really getting into my skincare. Masks are no exception. This mask is meant for sensitive skin and during the winter although I do have oily skin, it can become dry due to the heating and cold weather. So anything to pick my skin up again is a plus. It says to use once a week over a cleansed face. I can't wait to try this one out. 
Madara Cellular Repair Serum- Luxury Size- full size is £38
I had literally just ran out of my night time serum when this little baby arrived so of corse I tried it straight away. It is a light green colour with a slight herbal smell. It blended well into my skin but left me feeling a little tight. I found it was best to follow with a moisturiser straight away. I can see myself using this luxury sample up quickly. 
Glossybox Eyeshadow in glossy mauve- full size- £7.10 
This eyeshadow is beautiful and totally on trend for this season! It's a beautiful mauve colour with a slight shimmer that packs a punch when it comes to pigment. I haven't used this yet as I have a few shadows going in my projects at the moment, but I can't wait to give this a try! 
Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick- full size- £11.93
The packaging on this lipstick is to die for, but unfortunatly the colour is not. I tried this straight on and I have come to the conclusion that corals are just not for my skin tone. I also noticed that when applying this lipstick that it coated like a balm and after one useage, that a lot of the product is gone. I must say though, pigment in this lipstick is amazing. 
Emite Micronized Powder Blush in 108- full size- £20.59
I know what your thinking and I bet it is exactly what I thought too. I've had this in my Glossybox before. Just the same as my box before, I really don't like this colour and it's way too bold on my skin tone. I have already recieved an email from Glossybox explaining that they have made a mistake with this and are going to send me another item in my next box. I can not fault their customer service, it's amazing. I'm afraid though that this product and the lipstick will be passed along. 

Next month we will all be receiving an MUA lipgloss which subscribers will be able to pick their colour, have you already picked yours? I picked the nude to be able to wear to work. As I have already said to my parents, I'm going to give Glossybox until the end of this three months to pick up, otherwise I will be going elsewhere. 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment