Saturday 9 January 2016

Stila Project 10 Pan- Update 1

ColoHey everyone, 
I'm writing today very tired after a short but tiring shift at work and later at night than I would usually. So I do apologise if I ramble a little, just ignore me. Today I thought it's about time to update you all on my One Brand project pan which is of corse, Stila. Now although I started this only 2 weeks ago, I already have some amazing progress and have come to realise that spending the money on this brand isn't always what it seems (more on that later). Now into where I am now. 
I have finished/used:
Lip glaze in Gleam 
Dune Eyeshadow (hit pan) 
Smudge Stick Eyeliner in Lionfish
As I'm sure I'm going to say in all my updates, I can't really show you the progress with this product as when you roll it up, it won't go back down. However you will have to believe me when I say I've rolled this up a few times already. I now use these smudge sticks on my top and bottom lash lines as I don't find them too harsh on my eyelids. I have used up one of these products before so let's see how long this one takes. 
Stay All day Liquid Liner in Indigo 
I will be completely honest here, I've used this once in these two weeks. I really don't know how to pair this dark colour on my lids. When I wore it that once I wore plain eyes with thin liner and mascara. My sister said it was nice, so maybe I'll wear that around work for a while. 
Smudge Crayon in Antique 
I can't believe I've never used this eye base before! The colour is a muted nude which pairs with just about anything. I've been wearing this colour everyday and have made 5mm of progress in 2 weeks. I think I'll manage this product no problem. However for the original price of these crayons, I wouldn't waste your money and get a Maybelline colour tattoo instead. 
Convertable Colour in Magnolia (hit pan)
I had to aim the product away in the photo so you could see the dent I've made in this product already. To use this on my cheeks I use a stippling brush and pat on the back of my hand before applying to the face. This takes any extra product off as a little goes a long way! I do like this but have no idea how long it will take me to hit pan. 
Use Desire and Wonder (hit pan on both)
Well, I'm not impressed with the size of these shadows. I have been using the colour Instinct for my inner corner highlight and collar bone highlight and I've already hit pan. I think Desire is a little more tightly packed in and will take a while to hit pan. However I do believe in a couple of days Wonder will be there already as there is a massive dip already. Again I wouldn't pay full price for the size of these shadows, but the formula is amazing. 
Lip glaze in Orchard
Another product I'm not really happy about. I managed to use up my lip glaze in Gleam in 8 days using it consistently. Luckily I didn't pay much for these lip glosses but I will not be repurchasing. I do find them a little sticky but when I can't reapply at work, I'm happy about the colour and gloss staying. I shouldn't have too much trouble finishing this up. 
Colour Corrector Powder 
As you can probably tell, this looks a little different from when you last saw it. It used to have a little grinder on it which meant not much product came out. So I took that off and what did I find? Hardly any product underneith. I have a heavy hand and I've already managed to hit pan on the side and the rings are about to show through in the middle. If I'm still a long way from my finish when this product finishes, I will add in the illuminating one and see how far I can get. Money not spent well. 

As you can see I'm getting some good use out of the items in this project however you also don't get much product for the price you pay for Stila. Something to consider when purchasing another item. 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment