Wednesday 6 January 2016

2016 Inventory

Hey everyone, 
I know I don't do this much on my blog but every month I keep a track of what I'm spending and the amount of products I have in my collection (an inventory basically). Last month at the end of 2015 I did an inventory with my mother (to keep myself accountable) and it shocked me silly. I decided then to try and finish a few more products and then re-do an invent for 2016. So here we are and the numbers are not as bad but as you will see I will be putting myself on a no-buy for a while unless I run out of a certain catagory. 
Eyeshadow palettes:
Total count = 17 
Ideal number = 7
Single Shadows:
Total count = 12 
Ideal number = 5 
Eyeliners
Total count= 20!! 
Ideal Number= haven't decided but less than 10. Serious project work and decluttering needs to happen here. 
Mascaras
Total count= 9
Ideal number = 3 
Cream shadows/bases
Total count= 8
Ideal number= 4
Foundations/Bb/CC Creams
Total count= 6 
Ideal count= 3 
Concealers
Total count= 5 
Ideal count= 2 
Highlighters 
Total count= 17 (one in another palette) 
Ideal numbers= 8, honestly I have no idea how it got to this many (bar Christmas) but I do have some work to do here. 
Blushes
Total count=25, including one in another palette
Ideal number= I don't have an ideal here, but I do want to reduce this number. 
Lipgloss
Total count= 25! 
Ideal Number= 5, I actually don't like gloss that much, so this number needs to be used and abused! 
Lipbalm 
Total count= 12
Ideal number= 4 
Lipstick
Total count= 24
Ideal number= I again don't have an ideal number here but I would like to reduce this number above. 
Powders
Total count= 4 (one in a palette) 
Ideal number= 1, as you can only use one at a time! 
Pigments
Total count= 11
Ideal number= 0. I really don't use pigments and like eyeshadow more. 
Chubby Pencils
Total count= 7 
Ideal number= 2 of my favourites
Lip liners
Total count= 5 
Ideal number= 3 of my favourite colours. 
Bronzers
Total count: 5 (one in palette) 
Ideal number: 1 of my favourite
Setting Sprays
Total count= 1
Ideal number= 1! 
Primers
Total count= 4
Ideal numbers= 2 of my favourite

As you can see from these numbers, I really do have a lot of work to do and better stick to my no buy. I recently have been watching more project pan videos and use it up videos to keep me on the straight and narrow. My next tactic is to revisit my 2015 beginning post and see how much my collection has grown. Hopefully that will shock me enough! Good luck with 2016 panning everyone! 
Emma 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic you have a lot to work through, I'm going to do this but I have nearly nowhere the amount you have but will still be fun :) I'll do it next week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see your inventory numbers & pictures! I think you'll be able to get your numbers down this year

    ReplyDelete