Wednesday 2 September 2015

Review & Comparison- Garnier, Bioderma and Absolute

YHey everyone, 
Since I've come back from my holiday I've been testing out two new (or new to me!) miceller waters/makeup removers. With Garnier Micellar water being my favourite of all time, I've decided to compare these two to it. 
We are comparing the Garnier Micellar water with the Bioderma Micellar water and Absolute eye makeup Remover. In value the Bioderma out weights them all coming in at €9.90 on offer. Garnier I can get for around £3.00 at my local boots and the absolute you can purchase from BeautyCrowd.com for £6.95.
Absolute Waterproof Eye makeup Remover- £6.95 beautycrowd.com
Seen as I use the Garnier exactly like an eye makeup remover, I decided to compare these two together as well. This product is a dual phase remover which needs to be shaken up before applying to a cotton pad. It has no oily residue left on the eye after application and doesn't leave your eyes blurry like some removers. With all of these I left them on my skin for about 3 seconds and wiped away. This is what I managed to get off in that time frame with the Absolute. 
Sorry for the disgusting view but I managed to wipe away all my eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara in one swipe. 
Garnier Micellar Water- £3.00 Boots.co.uk
This is my all time favourite makeup remover, it's not greasy, doesn't leave a film and takes everything off with a few swipes. Obviously the thing I like the most about this product is it's in expendsive. As you will see from the cotton pad in a second, it actually doesn't do as well as the Absolute! A few seconds with this and well, take a look. 
It managed to take off some of my eyeshadow and the eyeliner. It took quite a while for me to take off my mascara (which isn't waterproof) and this resulted in a few eye lashes falling out too. I may have a new favourite eye makeup remover! 
Bioderma Micellar Water- €9.90 (special price)- Italy and France
Now I had to try this when I got to Italy. I neded to see what all the hype was about and as far as I can tell it is no better than the Garnier. It has a very watery constancy (which made it very runny on the cotton pad) and doesn't leave an oily film. I did find after taking off my face makeup that I was still left with a little left on my skin. 
As you can tell from this photo that my makeup did come off with Bioderma however I then followed (as I normally do) with toner just to make sure all my makeup did come off. This is the cotton pad after toner. 
There is a bit of makeup left on the cotton pad showing that the Garnier is in fact better than the Biodema in my eyes. I've found that when I use the Garnier nothing is left on the toner cotton pad. 

After all these pictures I'm sure you can tell my views. I defiantly like the Absolute better for taking off my eye makeup and the Garnier for taking off my face makeup. If I were to recommend any of these it defiantly would not be Bioderma. Save your money and buy either the Asolute or Garnier.

Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment