Wednesday 22 April 2015

Glossybox- April 2015

Hey everyone, 
I'm back! I'm so SO sorry that I've been missing in action recently, I've been getting back into my other hobby (Jewellery Making if anyone is interested) and abusing this one. Well now I'm back with another Glossybox review and this time I wasn't as impressed but it's still a great selection. For anyone who doesn't know Glossybox in £10 + postage in the UK and contains 4-5 beauty products. Most months you do get a sneak peek and they do have boxes for other countries too. 
This months box was inspired by Hollywood and I recieved the Marylin box. Let's get into the box! As always I'll go from my most favourite product to the least and tell you my initial thoughts. 
Colour club Barely There Nail Polish- full size-£4.10
Now let's just start at the fact that one, it's a full size polish. Two it's the perfect nude colour that I love to wear to work. I must admit I made a promise to my mother and myself at the beginning of this year that I wouldn't buy any new nail polish and so far I haven't. Both of my new ones are from Glossybox's. This will be tried and tested soon. 
Astral Original Face and Body Moisturiser- Full size- £3.89 for 200ml
I've heard of this brand before and I must admit it has been on my drugstore wish list, so having it come in a box was perfect for me! I tried this as soon as I went to put all my new items away and I love the constancy however I dislike the smell. Once I have finished my current moisturiser, I'll be moving on to this as I think I can get past the smell. 
IDC Body Lotion- Full Size- £3.59 for 100ml
I'm never going to say no to a body lotion especially when it smells of roses! This fragrance when rubbed in does die down a little but it really does feel luxurious. The packaging is pretty darn cute too! 
Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss- Full Size- £10 
Pop Beauty Kajal Eyeliner Pencil- Full Size- £6.50 
Now as you can tell these two are my least favourite products and it's not because they are bad products (defiantly not for a FREE Lord and Berry lipstick!!). It is just the fact I have so many eyeliners in black (this one I haven't even swatched because I don't want yet another eyeliner open) and I also don't wear red lipstick. However I did try the lipstick on with a bare face and it is okay. It shows up a lot more orange tonned on my lips, it may have to be tried and tested with full makeup. 

My overall view of this box is that yes it does resemble Hollywood and the Marylin style, however I won't use the main items in this box. Here's to next months box as I don't know anything that will be in the box! 
Emma P 

No comments:

Post a Comment