Sunday 15 May 2016

Weekly Wax Thoughts- Make Life Vintage

Hey everyone, 
So as some of you who follow me on Instagram (@Piperbeauty) now know I've actually started a YouTube channel which may or may not take over from this blog (I haven't decided yet). At the moment I am doing mostly wax videos however there will be Project Pans and empties too. However I still believe my weekly wax reviews should be written and could be saved if wanted. This weeks melts were all based on a favourite vendor of mine called Make Life Vintage. You can currently buy Nic's wax on etsy and she also has an Instagram (@Makelifevintage) and Facebook (/MakeLifeVintage) page. Let's get onto the reviews! 
Fresh Orange
On cold sniff these melts (most packs come with 5, however I think it goes by weight) were predominantly orange, however more zingy than I thought. Within 10 minutes melting time they were throwing great in my smaller room and we're very calming. I initially thought that this fresh scent would be perfect for cleaning days and would mix well with a clean linen smell. These two melts lasted a good 4 hours on strong throw, then the scent starts to dull. 
Fragrance: 4.         Throw: 3
Blueberry and Vanilla
As soon as you open the lid to these pot melts, you get hit with the scent straight away. However on cold sniff I could only smell blueberry (although that is still gorgeous). I melted 1/2 a pot for the photo above and I would say that is all you need for a good throw in a small to medium room. Again with this melt, it started to melt and throw in 10 mins. Even when warmed up I couldn't smell the vanilla, however it would smell gorgeous with coconut for the summer months. 
Fragrance: 3.            Throw: 5
Fairy Dust
I really was unsure of what this melt would smell like as I didn't have the description and with a name like fairy dust it could be anyone's guess. However on cold sniff it comes out really floral and perfume like with a sweet scent added in. As soon as this half pot went into my melter, that was it. A glitter explosion happened and it was beautiful! After the 10 mins initial melting time, I started to taste (yes taste) musk in the air and it was making me feel rather ill. The smell however turned into a beautiful peony or Rose like scent which I loved! This melt could easily last longer than 5 hours (which is my standard melting time), but the musk taste was putting me off. 
Fragrance: 4.      Throw: 4
Raspberry Lemonade
I almost totally forgot to take a picture of these melts, I really wanted to get past the initial 10mins melting time to smell the raspberries. On cold sniff I could really smell the lemonade (or sherbet in my case) however when warmed there was no initial smell or throw. I was a little disappointed in this one as it is my favourite smelt cold. After about 20 mins to half and hour, I could smell a small throw which was sweet but not exactly raspberries. I was not impressed with this one. 
Fragrance: 2.       Throw: 2
Black Cherry
Have you ever smelt a melt which takes you straight back to your childhood? This was it for me! My first thought when smelling the cold sniff was that of bake well tarts. My mum used to give me those as a child for school lunches and I just remembered them straight away. A tart black cherry. Again with this melt it was a quick 10 mins melting time before the throw started which smelt faintly of cherry. This melt mixed well with the musk that was left behind from the previous melt. 
Fragrance: 4          Throw: 3

I hope your all enjoying these mini reviews of vendors/companies. I do actually have a lot more from Make Life Vintage so I could also do another week for Nic at some point. Next week is Flamingo Candles! Watch out for that. 
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment